Still not sure whether to sign up?
Here are 10 reasons we think you should:
Canoe Susquehanna have been leading the sojourn for 17 years. If you're a novice, they'll give you pointers to make sure you have a great time.
See Full List of programs.
5. You don't even have to own a kayak or canoe: Hey, we know not everyone has a boat. That's why we partner with an outfitter, Take it Outdoors Adventure Group, who can rent you a kayak for as many days as you need it. Kayak rentals include life vests and paddles
7. Your age doesn't matter: Octogenarians and elementary school children have paddled on the sojourn and loved it.
8. It's a bucket list item: Don't believe us? It was number 17 out of 25 on the Philly Fitness Bucket List put together by Philadelphia Magazine's Be Well Philly.
9. Every day is fun: People often ask us which sojourn day is best. Well, here's the truth: All the days are great! Saturday and Sunday are favored for their scenery (and also because they are weekend days!) Monday features a short section of white water called "Kelly's Rapids." Tuesday is a nice, easy stretch ending at our headquarters, where we promise a great dinner! Wednesday ends with sojourners "locking through" the only watered lock remaining of the Schuylkill Canal. Thursday features a lunch stop at Valley Forge National Park. On Friday, the journey ends at Boat House Row, and sojourners paddle with the Philly skyline as their backdrop.
10. It only happens once a year: If you've always wanted to paddle on the sojourn, but don't do it this year, you'll have to wait all the way until June 2016 to get another chance!
We hope we've convinced you! If so, hurry: we only allow about 100 people on the water each day, so registration can fill up quickly for certain days. You can learn more about the sojourn on our website.
Or, if you're ready to join us for the 17th Annual Schuylkill River Sojourn, Register Here!